Prospective Informatics Students
UT Austin does not have a separate scholarship application for prospective, first-year students. A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is not required but is strongly recommended to be considered for available university scholarships. Some scholarships administered by the UT Office of Financial Aid have special qualifications or additional requirements. View information about those in MyStatus after the university receives your admission application.
The Shawn Carter Scholarship Fund was founded on the belief that any motivated individual in need should have the opportunity to further his or her education. The scholarship assists in removing some of the financial burdens associated with going to, surviving in, and graduating from college. All Shawn Carter Scholars are required to “give back” by conducting community service and by serving as mentors to younger, aspiring Shawn Carter Scholars.
- Amount: Varies
- Approximate Deadline: End of April
- Limited To: U.S. citizens or permanent residents, 25 years or younger with a minimum 2.0 GPA who will be pursuing undergraduate or technical/vocational studies.
The Science, Mathematics And Research for Transformation (SMART) Scholarship for Service Program has been established by the Department of Defense (DoD) to support undergraduate and graduate students pursuing technical degrees in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines. The program aims to increase the number of civilian scientists and engineers working at DoD laboratories.
- Amount: Varies
- Approximate Deadline: Dec. 1
- Limited To: Citizen of the United States, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, or United Kingdom at time of application, and ability to complete at least one summer internship at a DoD facility.
To close the educational attainment gap between African Americans and the majority population, UNCF helps promising students attend college and graduate by administering 400 scholarship and internship programs, so that even students from low- and moderate-income families can afford college tuition, books and room and board.
- Amount: $500-10,000
- Approximate Deadline: Varies
- Limited To: Each program has its own eligibility criteria, open/close dates and required documents. In order to apply for a UNCF Program Services Scholarship, you must apply through the online application process.
As part of Google's ongoing commitment to encouraging women to pursue careers in computing and technology through the Women Techmakers Scholars Program (formerly the Google Anita Borg Scholarship), through which the company hopes to encourage women to excel in computing and technology and become active role models and leaders.
- Amount: $10,000
- Approximate Deadline: February
- Limited To: Applicant must be a female student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a U.S. university; be enrolled in computer science or computer engineering program, or a closely related technical field as a full-time student.