Whether you are interested in this class as a continuing student or an incoming freshman student, we welcome you to join us in pursuing academic success and excellence!
Step 1: Enroll through University Extension
If you are an incoming freshman student, you can register for the class on their site here. Once you are registered, there is one more step you will need to complete in order to join the Canvas course (where we have al our readings, interactions, and assignments) and to access other tools like UT Mail and library resources - upgrading your UT EID.
**Note: If you are already a student at UT, you should already have an upgraded EID. If you can log in on a page like this, or if you have a UT student ID card, you do not need to complete the following instructions.
Step 2: Upgrade your EID
In order to access INF303D course materials as an incoming freshman student, you must first upgrade your UT EID - basically, it's a process where you verify your identity and receive secure login information to many UT services.
If you live in or near Austin, you can do this by:
- Visiting the UT Austin ID Center, located at the Peter T. Flawn Academic Center, Suite 101, 2400 Inner Campus Drive, and open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Presenting a valid, current government-issued ID.
- Sign the EID Agreement which gives your UT EID legal signature authority.
- NOTE: You must be 18 or older to upgrade your UT EID. If you are under 18, you must have your parent or legal guardian present to countersign the EID Agreement. Both you and your parent or legal guardian must have your identity validated.
Don't Live in Austin?
If you can't make the trip to Austin, you can complete a temporary remote upgrade (good for 90 days - sufficient time to complete the class).
Here's how to do it:
- Visit the EID Self-Help Tools and print the form for the temporary remote upgrade
- Go to a notary public (here's how to find one).
- Bring a government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license, to verify your identity.
- If you are under 18, bring your parent or legal guardian along also.
- Sign the Request for UT EID Upgrade form in the presence of the notary and have the request notarized.
- Mail the notarized form to UT Austin: UT Austin ID Center, PO Box 7407, Austin, Texas, 78713.
- Your UT EID will be upgraded within one business day of being received by the ID Center.
If you have questions or concerns about the process, please reach out to the instructor here.