- Make sure that your professor has informed the sysadmin (via the iSchool Helpdesk) that you are a TA so that he can give you permissions to add directories and files.
- If you are using the optional templates provided:
Download the class templates [course_templates.zip | course_templates.tar.gz] and fill in the information relevant to the class.
- If you are using your own format for the pages:
Create your own set of class syllabus pages.
- Login via FTP to
courses.ischool.utexas.eduwith your own iSchool account name and password.
- Change to the
/home/courses directory if you have not already done so.
- Find the directory with the path formatted:
- If this does not yet exist, add it now
- If there is not already a directory for the class, create one in the appropriate year/semester directory using the format:
DepartmentAbbreviationCourseNumber, such as INF387C
- Drop any web pages and other files right into the course directory. You DO NOT need a public_html.
- Test the URL for your page by using a web browser to view:
Using the example above it would be:
If this does not seem to work, try navigating from the bottom, starting at: http://courses.ischool.utexas.edu/
- Email the new URL to the Course Scheduling Coordinator, Aaron Ulmer, who will add a link from the online class listing.